Position: Yard Assistant
Reports To: Yard Manager
Status: Full Time
This is a physically demanding position that provides support to the shop and field operations associated with commercial construction industry. Must be reliable and self-motivated individual wanting to work in a fast-paced environment, has detail orientated and organizational mindset.
Essential Job Functions:
- Comply with all Wieser Brothers safety policies.
- Responsible for loading and securing all orders to the delivery vehicle or trailer.
- Organize the yard and all the buildings in and around the shop.
- Clean, inspect, and prepare tools for daily use. Report all repairs needed to yard manager.
- Wash exterior and interior of vehicles
- Handle and prepare materials in the shop for field orders
- Help pull material orders for next day
- Clean interior and exterior of job trailers
- Help put away and organize materials from jobsites
- Scanning inventory to ensure all jobs are accurately charged for materials and tools
- Communicates and takes direction from the yard manager
- Work hours can vary due to workload, but normal schedule will be:
10:00 am to 6:30 pm Monday – Thursday
8:00 am to 5:30 pm Friday *Hours may vary due to time of year
- Valid driver’s license
- Health card and/or CDL preferred, but not required
- Operate a forklift, certification preferred but not required
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Able to climb stairs, ladders, trucks and trailers
- Mechanic skills, preferred but not required
- Exposure to hot, cold, wet and humid conditions
- Effectively communicate with others, both oral and written
- Perform duties in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Able to multi-task and prioritize daily assignments
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
How to Apply: If you are qualified and interested in this position, please send your cover letter & resume to: email@example.com Attn: Human Resources
Wieser Brothers General Contractor, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age. EOE and Drug-Free Workplace