Position: Concrete Worker
Reports To: Concrete Superintendent
Status: Full time
The Concrete Worker role offers weekly overtime with a guaranteed 40 — 50 hour work week during the busy season. This role is a great stepping stone for a career in construction.
Wieser Brothers General Contractor, Inc. is a well-recognized and highly-respected construction company in La Crescent, MN. We are the industry leader in design build and commercial projects. We credit our dedicated team of 150+ employees for 28 years of success. We are committed to strong core values that are reinforced in everything that we do. If you are interested in joining an organization that rewards individual initiative and promotes career development through life-long learning visit us at www.wieserbrothers.com.
- Ability and willingness to read and understand blueprints
- Assist and place concrete with rake, shovel or related equipment
- Assist Concrete Finishers in finishing concrete
- Willingness and ability to operate saws and concrete removal equipment
- Assist in setting forms and wall panels
- Willingness and ability to set grades, elevations and pitches
- Cut, place, tie rebar, wire mesh and related reinforcing materials
- Willingness to clean, prepare and maintain all related equipment
- Willingness and ability to efficiently operate forklifts, man lifts, and other construction site equipment after obtaining required certifications
- Willingness and ability to efficiently operate forklifts, man lifts, and other concrete equipment after obtaining required certifications.
- Partake and assist in all finishing aspects of concrete
- Have equipment certifications
- Willingness and ability to set forms and wall panel forms for concrete footings and foundations
- Knowledge of various admixtures, sealers and their applications
- Strong attention to detail
Position Skills and Qualifications:
- 2 plus years experience in similar concrete role
- Hold current Health Card certification
- ACI Concrete certification preferred, but not required
- CDL certification preferred, but not required
- Demonstrate commitment to continuous learning
Wages are based on skills and work experience. We also offer a highly competitive benefits program that includes a 401(k) plan, profit sharing, health, life, and dental insurance, short term and long term disability insurance, paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay.