Position: Concrete Laborer
Location: La Crescent, MN (Minutes from La Crosse, WI)
Reports To: VP of Field Operations
Status: Full time
- Place material/ concrete with shovel, rake, or related equipment
- Assist finishers with finishing concrete
- Clean up concrete tools and related equipment effectively
- Operate rescue saws, demo floor saws, floor joint saws
- Operate vacuums for saws and other related equipment
- Able to efficiently operate, grease, fuel and maintain forklifts, skid steers, skytraks after certified
- Able to efficiently operate power buggy, and wheel barrel to place materiel
- Able to identify different types of diamond blades and explain when they are to be used
- Able to set wood, and steel footing forms
- Able to set, brace, and straighten wall forms
- Able to stake wood and steel forms effectively 6” and under
- Able to stake wood and steel forms effectively 6” and over
- Able to preform demo on block walls, floors, etc.
- Able to place and tie concrete reinforcement such as welded wire mesh, rebar, and other composite reinforcement
- Able to operate flat pan, and jumping jack compactors
- Understand different types of reinforcement, rebar, mesh, fiber
- Understand different gauges of reinforcement
- Able to effectively place vapor barrier under slab, and on surface for slab curing
- Can keep tools, equipment, and materials organized on jobsite, and in trucks, and trailers
- Able to recognize and tell Forman when in need of more, or different tools, and materials so Forman can put in order
- Able to effectively load, and secure trucks and trailers with equipment and materials
- Keeps tools, equipment, trucks, clean, etc.
- Keeps jobsite picked up
- Knows where items belong, and makes sure they are placed there
- Can keep up with required production rates
- Able to understand and read a tape measure
- Able to communicate well with co-workers and leaders
Position Skills and Qualifications:
- 0-3 years experience in similar Concrete role
- Demonstrate commitment to continuous learning.
- Holds a valid drivers licenses.
How to Apply: If you are qualified and interested in this position, please send your cover letter & resume to: email@example.com Attn: Human Resources
About Wieser Brothers General Contractor, Inc:
Wieser Brothers General Contractor, Inc. is a privately held well-recognized and highly-respected commercial construction company in La Crescent, MN. We credit our dedicated team of 150+ employees for 25 plus years of success. We are committed to strong core values that are reinforced in everything that we do. If you are interested in joining an organization that rewards individual initiative and promotes career development through life-long learning visit us at www.wieserbrothers.com.
Wieser Brothers General Contractor, Inc. offers competitive wages based on education and work experience. We also offer a highly competitive benefits program that includes a 401(k) plan, profit sharing, health, life, and dental insurance, short term and long term disability insurance, paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay.
Wieser Brothers General Contractor, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age. EOE and Drug-Free Workplace