Position: Construction Superintendent
Reports To: Vice President Field Operations
Status: Full time
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Maintain and execute the project plan as laid out by the Project Manager, and schedule and ensure compliance with budget, schedule, plans and specifications.
- Supervise and coordinate all construction activities.
- Supervise and direct laborers, carpenters, concrete finishers, subcontractors, and material suppliers.
- Manage all field operations and coordinate with other company Superintendents and subcontractors to ensure that all activities are contracted in a timely manner and do not disrupt project schedule and/or budget. Ensure that all trades have up to date drawings and information.
- Advise VP Field Operations and Project Manager of potential problems, work interferences or schedule difficulties while assisting in resolving such conflicts; anticipate and resolve project issues and schedule difficulties.
- Coordinate equipment, crews and other job related activities to maximize efficiency.
- Maintain the project’s daily logs and jobsite inspections.
- Maintain accurate and up to date drawings.
- Is responsible to understand and promote Wieser Brothers Safety Program to create a safe work environment throughout the jobsite; adhere to the safety and record keeping requirements; integrate Wieser Brothers’ Safety Program in all site specific plans and procedures to ensure a safe work environment.
- Ability and willingness to travel and supervise out of town projects.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- College degree or certificate in Construction Management preferred but not required.
- Ability to visualize the entire project and anticipate constructability issues and embed solutions in the construction plans and schedules.
- Can visualize and create the project schedule’s critical path.
- Ability to schedule, monitor and forecast resources for optimum efficiency.
- Ability to manage many facets of the construction projects and assume responsibility.
- Understands when to seek out professional advice.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License.
- Safety - Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote safety for the protection of people and property on the job-site.
- Demonstrated decision making skills, is goal oriented, and can react quickly to challenging circumstances to achieve the desired results.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in a high production environment. Must be adaptable and have the ability to learn.
- Understands the sequencing of work, and the strategies of creating effective project schedules.
- Ability to implement duties with an exceptional level of accuracy, timeliness and efficacy under pressure and towards meeting deadlines.
- The position will work at a jobsite trailer at an active jobsite.
- Frequently walks, stands, lifts, climbs, pulls on a construction site.
- Lifts and/or moves up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to operate a vehicle for daily jobsite duties
- Ability to maneuver on ladders and scaffolding, walk through sand or mud, climb on and around vehicles and construction equipment.
- Must be able to work around and near welding, cutting, grinding, heavy equipment, cranes, heat, dirt, dust, heights, and vibrations.
Wieser Brothers General Contractor, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and a large supporter of affirmative action. Wieser Brothers General Contractor, Inc.,has a strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. All applicants are considered for actual employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.