Position: Concrete Finisher
Location: La Crescent, MN (Minutes from La Crosse, WI)
Reports To: Concrete Superintendent
Status: Full time
Wages are based on skills and work experience. We also offer a highly competitive benefits program that includes a 401(k) plan, profit sharing, health, life, and dental insurance, short term and long term disability insurance, paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay.
· Able and willing to preform all the tasks of the Concrete Laborer
· Can effectively hand screed concrete with board within 1/8”
· Effectively use mag trowel when placing concrete
· Able to bull float concrete effectively
· Able to edge concrete with half inch, curb, and 90-degree edger
· Able to operate jointer, and place zip strips, and metal keyway
· Able to set up and operate laser level effectively
· Basic Understanding of the timing of all finishing procedures
· Understand basic elevations
· Able to use a level to set elevations
· Able to read basic blue prints and understand thickness and reinforcement
· Able to assist the Forman in what is needed tomorrow and rest of week
· Able to figure concrete, and material yardage
· Able to figure out how much material is needed on site
· Takes pride in his or her work and is dedicated to quality
· Has good communication with the Foreman
· Offers feedback, and ideas to the Foreman or Jobsite Superintendent
· Takes instruction well from the Foreman or Jobsite Superintendent
· Has basic knowledge of concrete mixtures and admixtures
· Has basic knowledge of concrete sealers and their applications
· Strong attention to detail
· Can keep up with production rates
· Able to do tape measuring layout
· Able to understand and figure out wall form fractions
· Able to hand finish floors around walls, columns, and drains
Position Skills and Qualifications:
· 2-7 years experience in a similar Concrete role.
· Demonstrate commitment to continuous learning.
· Holds a valid drivers license.
· Holds a current health card.
About Wieser Brothers General Contractor, Inc:
Wieser Brothers General Contractor, Inc. is a privately held well-recognized and highly-respected commercial construction company in La Crescent, MN. We credit our dedicated team of 150+ employees for 25 plus years of success. We are committed to strong core values that are reinforced in everything that we do.
Wieser Brothers General Contractor, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age. EOE and Drug-Free Workplace